* Competitors read an unpublished novel / work of fiction from publishing company.
* Questions to be set by author or a reputable independent person. (Preferably GOMSA Arbiter)
* Minimum of 1 question per 5000 words, approximately equally spaced throughout the text.
* Questions require one or two sentences to answer (not multiple choice).
* One point is awarded per correct answer. Half points may be awarded for partially correct answers.
* In the case of ambiguous answers the question setter has authority to decide on whether an answer is acceptable.
* Text may not be referred to during question section.
* This is an exercise in Speed Reading and not Memory. These rules reflect this.